From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remove column issue with cassandra-0.4.0-rc2
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:57:31 GMT
By design, if there is a remove operation at time T and an insert at
the same time T, the remove takes precedence.  So for step 3 if you
want the new insert to "win" you need to use a time T2 such that T2 >
T.

More generally you should only use the same time T for operations that
are part of the same logical unit.  So for maximum correctness you
should use a new timestamp for each of steps 1 2 and 3.

-Jonathan