From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Review of cassandra NOTICE and LICENSE requested.
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 09:26:30 GMT
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM, sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/09/2009, Eric Evans <eevans@rackspace.com> wrote:
> Does the release actually *include* JUnit, or is that only used for testing?
> If so, then it should not be the in the NOTICE file, nor in the binary release.

Even if it is not in the release I believe there is nothing wrong with
putting an acknowledgment in the NOTICE file. (putting terms in the
LICENSE file that do not apply is bad, though).

> Is ANTLR actually needed at run-time, or is it only needed for
> building the code?
> I'm not sure whether it needs to be mentioned in NOTICE if it is only
> used at build-time.
> It should not be in the binary release if it's not needed at run-time.

Same comment -- it shouldn't hurt to have it in NOTICE.

ciao,

- Leo, who often gives credit to his stuffed animal wombat in NOTICE files