From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Announcement: 0.4.0
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2009 02:47:37 GMT

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Cassandra 0.4.0.

It's hard to imagine that it has only been 2 months since our very first
release[1]; an impressive amount of progress has been made. For example:

* Nodes can now scale to billions of keys instead of millions.
* There is support for multiple keyspaces (formerly known as tables).
* You can now create snapshots
* A new bootstrap feature for adding nodes to a running cluster
* A new multiget API
* Numerous improvements to the Thrift API

And many, many, more. In fact, don't take my word for it, check out the
changelog[2], or the 176 closed Jira issues (176!)[3].

Many thanks to all those that contributed patches, reviewed, tested,
documented, or counseled.

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org/msg00289.html
[2]