incubator-cassandra-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cutting a new beta soon?
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:17:13 GMT
After we fix the crash-on-manual-compaction bug you found (and
committing the obvious outstanding reviewed patches) I think we are
ready for RC1.

336 isn't going to make it into 0.4.  I don't even know what the API
would look like -- it's hard to come up with a structure that supports
full mix of insert and delete without being way too clunky on simple
cases.  So this is really best left for 0.5.

332 is too much code to try to squeeze into 0.4 and should also be
left for 0.5.  Like I commented in the issue, if you want to tweak
Thrift to allow a no-op consistency level to be passed I am okay with
that in the name of forwards compatibility.

-Jonathan

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Chris Goffinet<goffinet@digg.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Do we have an idea yet when we will cut beta2? Getting the deadlock fix
> (waiting on merge) before the cut would be great. Any others we want to try
> to get in?
>
> I'd like to see a stable API if possible for beta2. This means we would
> need:
>
> #336
> #322 (at least the interface change)
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Chris
>

Mime
View raw message