From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] 0.4.0 beta 1
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:13:52 GMT
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:20 AM, ant elder<antelder@apache.org> wrote:
> Ok I wonder if this is just misunderstandings based on naming and
> conventions. Could what you're calling here as an "unofficial beta
> release" be the same as what other ASF projects might name a release
> candidate? Is the 0.4.0 beta 1 just for other devs to review?

This is to get the feedback of people who are not routinely building
from svn, call them what you will.  (In my mind anyone who is not
building from svn is not really a dev, but if you want to include
"people who file bug reports" in that category, fine.)

> If so
> you probably don't need a vote. Also, whats the difference between
> this and the latest Hudson nightly build?

This would be a nightly that is considered unlikely to blow up in your
face _too_ obviously, which is not the case for all nightlies.

If the nightlies were archived I would be fine saying "if you want to
test, use the nightly from 8-11 (guess we're up to at least 8-13 now);
it's relatively stable."  But they are not.

-Jonathan