incubator-cassandra-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Evan Weaver <ewea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cutting a new beta soon?
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:32:05 GMT
Yeah, I need to put quite a bit of time into the Thrift parts of #336
to make sure it's usable...would rather not be under the gun.

Evan

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Jonathan Ellis<jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> After we fix the crash-on-manual-compaction bug you found (and
> committing the obvious outstanding reviewed patches) I think we are
> ready for RC1.
>
> 336 isn't going to make it into 0.4.  I don't even know what the API
> would look like -- it's hard to come up with a structure that supports
> full mix of insert and delete without being way too clunky on simple
> cases.  So this is really best left for 0.5.
>
> 332 is too much code to try to squeeze into 0.4 and should also be
> left for 0.5.  Like I commented in the issue, if you want to tweak
> Thrift to allow a no-op consistency level to be passed I am okay with
> that in the name of forwards compatibility.
>
> -Jonathan
>
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Chris Goffinet<goffinet@digg.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Do we have an idea yet when we will cut beta2? Getting the deadlock fix
>> (waiting on merge) before the cut would be great. Any others we want to try
>> to get in?
>>
>> I'd like to see a stable API if possible for beta2. This means we would
>> need:
>>
>> #336
>> #322 (at least the interface change)
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> -Chris
>>
>



-- 
Evan Weaver

Mime
View raw message