From Evan Weaver <ewea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data model names, reloaded
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:23:44 GMT
In one of the first threads I said I wasn't interested in stalling the
0.4 release. I also said we would write the patches. We talked about
the change to Ellis first at the hackfest a month ago; it's taken a
lot of work to get it right.

Plus, we build the Ruby client first, which seemed more important. The
experience of building a comprehensive client helped convince us the
naming was a problem.

Fundamentally there is a disagreement about the cost of the breakage
vs. the benefit of the improvement. If we are open to accepting such a
change for 0.5 then that seems worth discussing. Ellis suggested
taking a vote, so I will do that, and then we can move on.

Evan

--
Evan Weaver