From Evan Weaver <>
Subject Re: Fixing the data model names
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:38:21 GMT
I understand the BigTable precedent issue...but it's also a group of
rows, and a group of keys, just as much. "Column Family" leaves out
the keys which I think is a big part of the noob confusion. It sounds
like it could be the same thing as a Super Column, which is also a
group of columns.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Jonathan Ellis<> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Evan Weaver<> wrote:
>> What do you see as the benefit of ColumnFamily?
> It correctly implies "group of columns" w/o sounding excessively
> generic like ColumnCollection or something, and it means mostly the
> same thing as it does in Bigtable, which can be useful in
> understanding it.
> -Jonathan

Evan Weaver

View raw message