From Curt Micol <>
Subject Re: Fixing the data model names
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 06:06:45 GMT
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Arin Sarkissian<> wrote:
> Mark I can work on that with you.
> We should do this regardless of naming changes etc.
> I'll even volunteer to do a PHP app based on the data model we mock up.
> if you wanna coordinate some work on this you can reach me at:
> email: (or
> IM/Twitter/IRC/just_about_everything_online: phatduckk

I saw your post in IRC, and was going to mention I am finishing up a
client's project soon and was going to begin work on a Delicious clone
in Cassandra.  My goal was to scrape Delicious for data and place it
into Cassandra.  Additionally I wanted to make that data available as
another issue I think new comers run into is that they don't have data
to play with.  I intend to do this in Python with ieure's lazyboy

I think doing something other than a blog will give another dimension
to new comers understanding the data model of Cassandra.  I hope to
contribute some tutorials around this also.  Hopefully by the end of
August I have at least something thrown together to contribute.

Either way, I am willing to assist with documentation (granted up to
my level of understanding at this point :)).

I can be reached at if anyone wants to throw stuff
my way.  I am a n00b in this area of tech, that may be beneficial for

# Curt Micol

View raw message