From Toby DiPasquale <codeslin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data model names, reloaded
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:26:10 GMT
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Jonathan Ellis<jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO the window for making this kind of change has passed.  We've
> talked about finalizing the 0.4 api weeks ago, we got a beta out with
> it, and it does the job.  The timeline wasn't a surprise to anyone
> paying attention to the list.  It's time to move on.

That feels to me to be a short-sighted point of view. I'd imagine that
its more important for people be able to understand the data model
than meeting some kind of arbitrary timeline. I, too, find the current
naming confusing and would love for this to be improved, both for
myself and also to lower the barrier for others to start using
Cassandra.

--
Toby DiPasquale