From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releases, snapshots, nightlies and all that stuff
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:38:00 GMT
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Jonathan Ellis<jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, we are all cool with ant elder's plan (from -private) of doing
> Official PMC Votes for betas and "Asking users on the user list to
> review the release artifacts while they are being voted on [while
> making] absolutely clear thats whats going on" to avoid losing 3 days
> of a week-long beta to bureaurcacy, right?
>
> -Jonathan

Thats not my plan. I've not suggested any plan. All i've been doing is
try to help with the understanding of how releases work. I hope its
now understood that ASF projects don't make artifacts available
outside of the developer community without going through the proper
release process. If anyone is still unclear on any of this please say
so.

  ...ant