incubator-cassandra-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark McBride <mark.mcbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EOFException in get_slice_super_by_names
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:25:11 GMT
There's at least three actually... mine is
http://wiki.github.com/mccv/scassandra, and viktorklang has cassidy at
http://github.com/viktorklang/Cassidy/tree/master.  I found out about
the other two about halfway through mine... I'm hoping to get mine
folded into viktor's at some point.

   ---Mark

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Ryan King<ryan@twitter.com> wrote:
> There's at least one cassandra client in scala already:
>
> http://github.com/stevej/cassandra_client_scala/tree/master
>
> Not sure of it's current status, but it was written by a coworker of mine.
>
> -ryan
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Mark McBride<mark.mcbride@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, the DB has been clobbered a few times without ever changing the
>> cassandra version.  I'll try to reproduce (somewhat difficult... it
>> only happens on a handful of rows), and if that fails I'll move to
>> trunk.
>>
>> You say it's getting stable... if I'm working on language bindings,
>> in, say, scala... would it be best to just suck it up and move now?
>> nothing production, just experimentation right now.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Jonathan Ellis<jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Unless he started using 0.3 before the rc series though, that's
>>> unlikely to be the problem.
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Arin Sarkissian<arin@rspot.net> wrote:
>>>> I think we ran into this a few days ago.
>>>> If I'm not mistaken it had to do with us using an old on disk DB
>>>> against new code. (maybe some serialization changed or something)
>>>>
>>>> Trashing the DB and starting over worked fine.
>>>>
>>>> Arin
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Jonathan Ellis<jbellis@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>> If you can give us a script that reproduces the problem with a clean
>>>>> database, we can debug it.
>>>>>
>>>>> Otherwise you can try trunk, which is still undergoing a little flux,
>>>>> but is starting to stabilize for an 0.4 release.
>>>>>
>>>>> -Jonathan
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Mark McBride<mark.mcbride@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>> Has anybody run across an EOFException in get_slice_super_by_names?
>>>>>> i'm running 0.3.0-rc3, OSX, nothing nonstandard that I know of...
 It
>>>>>> happens on multiple rows.  Removing the super column and reinserting
>>>>>> data seems to resolve the issue, but it's not great to have the
>>>>>> exceptions occur in the first place.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ERROR [pool-1-thread-31] 2009-07-31 13:58:11,477 Cassandra.java (line
>>>>>> 1069) Internal error processing get_slice_super_by_names
>>>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.EOFException
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraServer.readColumnFamily(CassandraServer.java:116)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraServer.get_slice_super_by_names(CassandraServer.java:353)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Processor$get_slice_super_by_names.process(Cassandra.java:1065)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Processor.process(Cassandra.java:786)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:252)
>>>>>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>>>>>>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>>>>>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
>>>>>> Caused by: java.io.EOFException
>>>>>>        at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:180)
>>>>>>        at java.io.DataInputStream.readLong(DataInputStream.java:399)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnSerializer.defreeze(Column.java:229)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnSerializer.deserialize(Column.java:240)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SuperColumnSerializer.fillSuperColumn(SuperColumn.java:373)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SuperColumnSerializer.deserialize(SuperColumn.java:387)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SuperColumnSerializer.deserialize(SuperColumn.java:314)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily$ColumnFamilySerializer.deserialize(ColumnFamily.java:535)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily$ColumnFamilySerializer.deserialize(ColumnFamily.java:558)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamily$ColumnFamilySerializer.deserialize(ColumnFamily.java:455)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.fetchColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.java:575)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamilyFromDisk(ColumnFamilyStore.java:549)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamilies(ColumnFamilyStore.java:517)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilyStore.getColumnFamily(ColumnFamilyStore.java:484)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getRow(Table.java:731)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SliceByNamesReadCommand.getRow(SliceByNamesReadCommand.java:58)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy.weakReadLocal(StorageProxy.java:579)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy.readProtocol(StorageProxy.java:282)
>>>>>>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraServer.readColumnFamily(CassandraServer.java:112)
>>>>>>        ... 7 more
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message