From Anthony Molinaro <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>
Subject Re: Exception at startup
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:00:25 GMT
No, I completely removed the data directory (in fact moved it from
/var/cassandra to /var/lib/cassandra, and rm -rf the old directory).
Then loaded up the data, and stopped and started cassandra (stopping
was done by killing the pid of the process (using the killproc shell
function on RHEL, which appears to do a kill -TERM then a kill -KILL
if things are taking too long (usleep 100000, which isn't actually
that long, so maybe cassandra does something when it gets a TERM
signal that was interrupted by a KILL signal?).

I tarred up the data and logs, nuked the directory again and will see
if it's reproduciable.

-Anthony