From Edward Ribeiro <edward.ribe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra data model misconceptions, and their sources
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 18:31:26 GMT
Right on target, Evan!

When I first downloaded Cassandra, three months ago, I tried to make
the analogy with BigTable, whose paper I'd already read, but the
differences between Cassandra and BigTable made it quite hard to grasp
some Cassandra concepts.

Imho, as Table was renamed to Keyspace then Column should be the next
concept to be renamed as showed by numbers 4, 5, 6, and 7 of your
list. I would suggest to rename Column to Attribute (with the
corresponding AttributeFamily or AttributeSet). It's not the best
name, but right off the bat is what I can suggest.

Edward