From ming li <min...@cs.umass.edu>
Subject about RackAwareStrategy
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:40:23 GMT
Hi All,

Does anyone know if RackAwareStrategy is fully functional? I ask
because RackAwareStrategy picks nodes in different data centers/racks
first, whereas StorageService.getPredecessor() and
StorageService.getSuccessor() do not check data center/rack. I am
wondering if this causes some inconsistency. For instance, suppose
node A is node B's predecessor in the token space and they are in the
same data center. If RackAwareStrategy is used, node A wont replicate
its data on node B. However, when node B tries to figure out the token
ranges it is responsible for, it calls StorageService.getPredecessor()
and finds A is its predecessor and its responsible for A's token
range.

Best,

Ming