From Evan Weaver <ewea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REST client interface
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 21:04:50 GMT
I was initially enthusiastic about a HTTP/JSON interface along vaguely
similar lines, but I've changed my mind. It still might make sense as
a stand-alone package that you could run on bastions in the cluster.

Per-language clients based on the Thrift (or someday Avro) bindings
seem like the way to go. No generated RPC will ever be idiomatic, and
REST has its own impedance mismatches.

Maybe can you describe you use case?

Evan

--