From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcing 0.3.0
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:41:03 GMT
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Eric Evans<eevans@rackspace.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 23:19 +0200, Viktor Klang wrote:
>> Any chance of getting it hosted on the Incubator Repository?
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/
>
> I know next to nothing about maven, is this something that requires the
> distribution to include a pom.xml? Put another way, 0.3.0 is immutable
> at this point, so is this something that can still be done or would it
> require another release?
>
> --
> Eric Evans
> eevans@rackspace.com

The 0.3.0 release is immutable now that its been voted on, any changes
would require a new vote. It is possible to put release artifacts into
a maven repository after the fact but to do that the artifacts must
meet the licensing requirements - eg include the appropriate ASF
LICENSE and NOTICE files.

Looking in apache-cassandra-incubating-0.3.0.jar from the 0.3.0
release that does not include LICENSE/NOTICE files so unfortunately
can not be distributed from the maven repositories. You'd need to fix
the build to add the LICENSE/NOTICE files to the cassandra jar and do
a whole new release or just release the new jar so have a vote just on
that artifact.

   ...ant