From Anthony Molinaro <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>
Subject Re: Cassandra version number policy
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 18:37:44 GMT
So does that mean the versioning policy is

UNUSED.MAJOR.MINOR

where UNUSED is well, unused or some other marker, and a change to MAJOR
means binary incompatibility, and a change to MINOR is new features or
bug fixes which do not mean binary incompatibility?

Just want to get a sense of when I should be worried about an upgrade
(I know talking about upgrades is probably fairly silly based on the fact
there has only been one release, but still I like to plan ahead).

A somewhat related question, I'm using an svn external to keep a tree
in my svn project which builds rpms and maven packages.  I currently have
that tree pointed at the HEAD, but that seems risky because its a moving
target.  I'd like to point at the 0.3.0 release.  Does the cassandra-0.3.0-rc3
tag represent that release?  (ie, if I were to download the tarball and
checkout that tag would the code be equivalent)

Thanks,

-Anthony