From Anthony Molinaro <>
Subject Cassandra version number policy
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:14:28 GMT

  I've been lurking on this list for a little bit and notice that you've
talked about a change to the on disk data format which would be incompatible
with prior versions.

Will that change be a major version bump (ie, will it be 1.0.0)? If not what
is the policy regarding versions for cassandra?

I'm used to the MAJOR.MINOR.RELEASE versioning where

MAJOR is a binary incompatible change
MINOR is new functionality added
RELEASE is for bug fixes without new functionality

Does cassandra follow this or some other strategy?

Anthony Molinaro                           <>

View raw message