From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: Website, an update
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:40:39 GMT
On Sat, 2009-07-18 at 20:57 -0700, Matthieu Riou wrote:
> Ah sorry, I hadn't followed the issue. So perhaps a vote on the new site
> would help in seeing whether there's a consensus?

There was already quite a bit of discussion on the Jira issue, my take
away from that was that everyone prefers Daniel's design to the current
site, and most people prefer his to the mock-up created by Vitor.

The bulk of the discussion centered around the logo, and I'm not sure
I'd even hazard a guess about what consensus was there.

Recently I requested that Daniel post his source with the ASF license
grant (which he did), and I had planned to commit it based on the idea
that it was (much )better than what we currently have and that it would
in no way close the door to more bikeshed^H^H^H^H^Hdiscussion over it,
and more specifically the logo, (which is the part most people seem to
have reservations about). Basically, release early release often. :)

Would anyone object to uploading Daniel's site
(http://cassandra-test.unempty.com) while we hash the finer details?

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com