From Eric Evans <>
Subject Git and Jira and patches oh my!
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:36:26 GMT

I know there are at least a few people that use Git to work up patches
for Cassandra and so I thought I'd draw your attention to the excellent[1] script by David Reisss. This script turns a
range of commits into a patch series and attaches them to Jira. See
CASSANDRA-139[2] for an example of what this looks like.

I also have a fork[3] of David's repo with a couple of additional
scripts, jira-apply and jira-am.

jira-apply is useful with or without Git for applying patches that may
or may not have been created with Git, think of it as a Jira enabled
version of patch(1).

jira-am is what you would use to apply a patch series that was created
by git-format-patch/, and attached to a Jira
incident. It will apply the attachments in order, creating a new Git
changeset for each patch in the series. Think of jira-am as a Jira
enabled version of git-am(1).

Comments, questions, suggestions, complaints, patches, etc regarding the
scripts in my repo welcome.

Eric Evans

View raw message