From Edward Ribeiro <edward.ribe...@gmail.com>
Subject REST client interface
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 20:10:38 GMT
Hi folks,

I've started to write a RESTful client interface. Anyone is working on this?

Well, it uses jersey + jetty. Jetty loads quickly and has a relatively
small footprint. And REST rocks! The downside is that both frameworks
require an awful bunch of jars (8 jars or so). The small URLs that
I've got working make sure that REST is the way to go when it comes to
client apis.

It's still an early draft, but next Tuesday I should be posting the
first version as a JIRA issue, I hope. Below is a small list of things
that are currently working (I've just started this afternoon):

http://localhost:9999 --> retrieves info about the node
http://localhost:9999/tables --> list the tables available
http://localhost:9999/config --> echo the XML config file
http://localhost:9999/tables/<Table Name> --> describe the table
http://localhost:9999/tables/<Table Name>/<Column
Family>/<Column>/<Key> --> retrieve row.

The examples above will certainly change to suit the rest philosophy.
I am not particularly fond of the last example... If anyone is
interested, just drop me a mail and I'll send you the files, but I
should open a JIRA issue next week. Any suggestion about URLs for
operations is also welcome.

Best regards,
Edward