From Michael Greene <michael.gre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alternative wire protocols
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:35:19 GMT
A quick time-to-production could be achieved through distributing
re-packaged client libraries.  I like that idea.  I brought it up on
IRC at one time, and Jonathan convinced me I was wrong, but now I
can't remember why and I like the idea again.

Also, as Jonathan notes, there *is* a Thrift HTTP transport and a JSON
Protocol.  It would be a nice configuration option to allow starting
both the binary socket handlers and the HTTP+JSON handlers at runtime.

Michael