From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alternative wire protocols
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:46:23 GMT
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Michael Greene<michael.greene@gmail.com> wrote:
> A quick time-to-production could be achieved through distributing
> re-packaged client libraries.  I like that idea.  I brought it up on
> IRC at one time, and Jonathan convinced me I was wrong, but now I
> can't remember why and I like the idea again.

IIRC my objection there was that for things like thrift/py that assume
part of thrift is installed "normally" in python site-packages you
can't just give someone a self-contained client module w/o some pretty
gross hacks.

If that's not what you're talking about then I don't remember either. :)

-Jonathan