From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proposal: rename <table> to <namespace>
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:38:52 GMT
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Alexander Staubo<alex@purefiction.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Jonathan Ellis<jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually, Cassandra doesn't support multidimensional cells a la Bigtable.
>
> I meant multidimensional in the column sense.

If you mean "CFs have columns" then that is not different from how
"tables have columns" relationally.

If you mean "Super CFs have SuperColumns have Columns" then again you
are talking about something different from bigtable.

Bigtable is actually a really bad guide to thinking about Cassandra
modeling.  The only part that really applies is the memtable/sstable
architecture but that is not user-visible.

-Jonathan