From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject 0.3 and the OOM gremlin (CASSANDRA-208)
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 21:44:50 GMT
The fix for 208 [1] is fairly invasive.  should we

(a) release another RC and do more testing before 0.3 final, or
(b) release 0.3 without these changes, and only add this fix to trunk?

Although I see the 0.3 release primarily as a means to let people
start playing with the cassandra data model, I don't know that I want
to release it knowing that 0.4 is going to be binary-incompatible with
the 0.3 data files.  So I'd be inclined towards (a).

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-208

-Jonathan