From Evan Weaver <ewea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alternative wire protocols
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:43:48 GMT
FYI from a co-worker about faking unions in Thrift:

"What we did for this issue when using protocol buffers was to encode a
protobuf payload as a binary blob, and deserialize it on the other
side using an enum to determine which protobuf type to expect. It's
not elegant but it's code you write once and forget about."

Evan

--
Evan Weaver