From Jun Rao <>
Subject Re: VOTE: Cassandra 0.3.0 release
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:34:46 GMT

Under heavy load and large column values (10s of Ks), we observed that
cassandra TCP channels can get jammed. A new patch is provided to

I see two options:
1) patch #220 to 0.3.0 and release RC3
2) release RC2 with a release note that describes the above potential

What do people feel?

IBM Almaden Research Center
K55/B1, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA  95120-6099

             Jonathan Ellis
             06/22/2009 08:14                                           cc
                                       VOTE: Cassandra 0.3.0 release
             Please respond to

It's been two weeks since the last code change on the 0.3 branch and
several days since RC2 release with no new bug reports.

I move that we release RC2 as 0.3.0 official.

svn tag:

binary build:

Voting will run for 3 days.

+1 from me.