From Jun Rao <jun...@almaden.ibm.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Cassandra 0.3.0 release
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:34:46 GMT

Under heavy load and large column values (10s of Ks), we observed that
cassandra TCP channels can get jammed. A new patch is provided to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-220.

I see two options:
1) patch #220 to 0.3.0 and release RC3
2) release RC2 with a release note that describes the above potential
problem.

What do people feel?

Jun
IBM Almaden Research Center
K55/B1, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA  95120-6099

junrao@almaden.ibm.com

             Jonathan Ellis
             <jbellis@gmail.co
                                       cassandra-dev@incubator.apache.org
             06/22/2009 08:14                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       VOTE: Cassandra 0.3.0 release
             Please respond to
             cassandra-dev@inc
             ubator.apache.org

It's been two weeks since the last code change on the 0.3 branch and
several days since RC2 release with no new bug reports.

I move that we release RC2 as 0.3.0 official.

svn tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.3.0-rc2/

binary build:
http://people.apache.org/~jbellis/cassandra/cassandra-0.3.0-rc2.tar.gz