From Ian Holsman <...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Time to move to (ASF-sanctioned) git?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:13:16 GMT
If gerrit is that much better jira we could make a case for it.

I mean.. ASF's using git as well as SVN.. It's isn't a government
department or a fortune 500 with a IT standard which is iron solid.

It's more a support issue. we mainly rely on volunteers to keep the
boxes running (and yes it needs to be hosted on ASF hardware), and
having every project use their favorite tool for doing X makes it much
harder to manage.

as for CTR (commit than review) or RTC (review than commit). thats a
project decision. If you guys feel more comfortable at this stage of
the project to go to RTC, then put it up for vote on do it. your
grownups, you know the risks and rewards.

-I

--
Ian Holsman
Ian@Holsman.net