From Zach Wily <z...@zwily.com>
Subject Re: Time to move to (ASF-sanctioned) git?
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 04:08:41 GMT
> comitters have signed a CLA already, and that applies to anything
> they check in.
> so RTC or CTR doesn't really affect that. people who aren't
> comitters will still have to submit JIRAs/whatever and check the
> button to get code into the system. we could change the wording to
> say the patch/pointer to the patch is CLA'd.

One nice thing about Gerrit is that you can configure it to allow
anyone to log in via OpenID and submit a patch for review (after
they've signed and submitted a CLA). Requiring a patch (from a non-
committer) to go to JIRA first, then to Gerrit via a committer seems
like a silly workflow, and negates one big benefit of Gerrit.

zach