From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: The future of 0.3
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:08:57 GMT
On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 23:04 -0500, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> So I propose fixing bugs but otherwise doing the minimum possible to
> disturb things in 0.3 until 0.4.0 is out, and encouraging people to
> migrate to that quickly when it is.

I think we should consider taking that a step further and just leave 0.3
completely as-is once it's been "released".

Unless there is someone motivated to write a migration utility (I'm
not), 0.3.0 won't be upgradeable, and 0.4.0 should be along reasonably
soon after. It would be better to put our efforts into 0.4.0 than to
encourage people to use 0.3.0 for anything serious.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com