From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: Time to move to (ASF-sanctioned) git?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:00:04 GMT
On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 10:28 -0500, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> Yesterday I posted about my git-svn workflow [1].  What I didn't
> expect was that a member of ASF infrastructure who is setting up a
> pilot project [2] based on git + gerrit [3] instead of svn + jira
> asked if we'd be interested in helping test it out.
>
> They are setting it up so it will still push changes back to svn so we
> can always go back to svn if it doesn't work out.

So what would the overall work-flow look like? As others have said,
Gerrit is only for review and Jira would still be in the picture. If we
had a dedicated code review tool, would we still attach patches to
tickets? I'd be happy if I didn't have to shave that particular yak
anymore.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com