From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: Web sIte design, humble beginnings ... and a doodle
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:47:47 GMT
On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 00:48 +0200, Daniel L wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> A sketch I drew up tonight, as a start:
>
> http://stashbox.org/543286/Cassandra_Logo_Draft1.png

I like it.

The only comment I have is that the cluster of stars might be a little
too subtle, especially when the image is scaled down to smaller sizes.

> The general concept being the cassandra mythology, seeing the future
> (which of course is full of stars), and a cluster image that is not
> your typical network of nodes or a fractal. :)

As an aside, I've always felt the name was sort of ironic since in
mythology Cassandra can see the future, but is cursed to have no one
believe her.

I'm not suggesting a logo that underscores that irony though. :)

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com