From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 0.3 RC is out
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 14:50:39 GMT
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Matthieu Riou <matthieu.riou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not to mention those who are in another timezone or those who would like to
> contribute on their spare time (like a day here and there). If the real
> development happens outside the ML, you won't even know those people exist.

I can appreciate the real benefits of the ML but neither of these is
among those.  We have developers from US, EU, and I believe asian time
zones on IRC and we overlap enough that it works out fine.

If anything, IRC is _better_ suited than a ML for accomodating people
who want to pop in and fix something because of its much lower
latency.

-Jonathan