From Jonathan Ellis <...@familyellis.org>
Subject Row vs CF
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:54:46 GMT
In a bunch of places in the code we wrap a CF in a Row object,
basically a key + multiple CFs.  But currently only a single
ColumnFamily will ever be in a Row object.  (At least in the Rows
involved in a client read op.  Maybe Rows are used internally in other
places with multiple CFs.  But I am concerned with the read path
here.)

Is this an example where we should apply YAGNI?
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Ain%27t_Gonna_Need_It)  It seems to
me that if the definition of a CF is, "this is data that is logically
or otherwise related" then adding an API to request multiple CFs at
once is unnecessary.  (If you really need data from multiple CFs
frequently, your data model is broken and you should combine the CFs;
if you need it infrequently, the overhead from doing multiple queries
is not a big deal.)

Thoughts?

-Jonathan