From Sandeep Tata <sandeep.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: could cassandra be split into two parts?
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 01:44:35 GMT
Depends on what exactly you have in mind ...

Almost all of the storage engine logic is in the db package. I don't
think it would be too hard to make this pluggable so you could slide
in your own DB, say based on Derby/MySQL/BDB etc... I can see how
specialized implementations of the database part could be useful for
different apps.

Do you expect that the API will still be the same put/get style thrift
API ? Or are you hoping to expose the additional abilities of the
underlying db through the thrift API ? That makes the question more
interesting (and complicated).