From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: enhancing the plugin lifecycle for ios
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 04:11:00 GMT
Think of all of the core APIs in Cordova. A couple of them (device info,
network connection + info) are required before deviceready fires. If we
shed all of the core APIs and eventually adopt a 100% plugin-based
architecture (where cordova is composed of only the bridge between the
webview and native), then we end up composing a hybrid container with
arbitrary APIs. Some of those may or may not be available when the app
loads up, so defining the ability to lazily or eagerly load plugins is a
good idea.

On 10/21/12 9:02 PM, "Ally Ogilvie" <aogilvie@wizcorp.jp> wrote:

>Is there a point to having / making a plugin that is ready to use before
>deviceready() ...
>BUT not actually possible to comunicate with until deviceready() ?
>:)
>

>On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> One example: plugins that need to be eagerly-loaded could be required
>> before deviceready fires, so attaching to deviceready might not be an
>> option :)
>>
>> On 10/21/12 6:40 PM, "Ally Ogilvie" <aogilvie@wizcorp.jp> wrote:
>>
>> >+1 lazy load.
>> >Start up times can be critical to some apps.
>> >Booting a plugin from device ready() in JS or init /
>> >applicationDidFinishLaunchBlah in iOS is not enough for someone?

>>subtask if

>>the

Should
>>we