From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Nomination of VP for Cordova
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 08:51:43 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the charter, we need to appoint a Vice President for Cordova.
> This is a discussion to do the nomination process with a separate vote
> thread if we have multiple nominations. We can change the person appointed
> at any time in the future.

Some projects have something like a yearly rotation, while others keep
a VP until he or she wants to resign.

> The V.P. will be in charge of representing Apache Cordova in the ASF board
> and handling other duties involved with that position.

See also http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc-chair.
The main thing to remember here is that the PMC chair (V.P.) has no
bigger say on project matters than any other member of the PMC. The
role is more secretarial in nature.

BR,

Jukka Zitting