From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Preview and one activity too far?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 21:15:09 GMT
Hey

I'm still hacking on the Camera UI, trying to get it looking better,
and I'm wondering if we should implement Preview.  The easiest way of
doing this on Android is by having a preview activity and allowing the
user to save or cancel, which would send the user back to the Camera
Activity.  The downside of this approach is that we have to add
another activity to the manifest just to view the image that was
produced by the Camera, and this is one more thing that would break
when we introduce the new camera.

How do people feel about implementing a Preview Activity? We could
avoid it, but I think that this would be more code, since we'd have to
hide the Surface View and show the UI underneath somehow.

Any thoughts?

Joe