From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova/debug vs. cordova/emulate
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:09:42 GMT
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@google.com> wrote:

> on Android - why not build from emulate? Is there a way to launch the app
> via adb (probably there is).

./cordova/BOOM is what you want. Why is it called like that and why there
is no such thing on iOS ? I don't know…

> on both platforms - "debug" doesn't make sense to me. How about calling it
> "build"

ios cordova/debug: builds
android cordova/debug: builds and installs (it used to just build but Fil
Maj wanted it to install as well [1])

> on both platforms - I think it would make more sense if "emulate" always
> performed an incremental build first.

> Thoughts on any of this?

I think we should follow Brian's suggestions. The work is already done.
It's just a matter of renaming making everything consistent across the
board.
I am not a fan of "debug" to run on a device though. Can there be a better
word ?