From Mike Reinstein <reinstein.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pluginstall tool discussion
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 00:00:44 GMT
Hi Andrew,

I agree on all points. Some additional feedback on a few specifics:

> It looks like Mike has made a start on that with his
> cordova-pluginrepo repository

Correct! Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I'm hoping to have a
working prototype by end of week.

> The only way to find those problems is to try writing those plugins.

Agreed, though I think inspecting existing plugins is a good start too.
Have you had a chance to look at my google docs spreadsheet on plugin work?
tab 1 is a grid of all plugins and their supported platforms, plus a few
bits of meta data. Tab 3 was my attempt to go through some of the more
"popular" plugins, analyizing their suitability for packaging via
pluginstall. Where it fell short I documented. Green means good to go
as-is, red means some issues, yellow means unsure (might be ok.) I'd love
some more feedback on this. the doc is globally shared so everyone can
modify it. I think we could use tab 3 to coordinate our work and provide
visibility. thoughts?

-Mike