From Mike Reinstein <reinstein.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a package manager experiment
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 00:17:46 GMT
What I'm worried about is trying to do a top-down design on a package
manager without looking at the underpinnings.  I really don't care _how_
the problems are solved. I don't think my registry toy solves the issues,
nor does the solely npm based solution. It's  a big mistake to definitively
choose how we should package and distribute plugins without discussing the
issues we've identified at a low level.

The issues that I've brought up are in the bullets in this post:
https://github.com/dominictarr/rc/issues/5

Does anyone have feedback on these?

-Mike