From Mike Reinstein <reinstein.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: moving towards semantic versioning for cordova?
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 21:44:49 GMT
I certainly don't meant to rehash something that has been discussed
ad-nauseam. Nor am I advocating we change how often we release. I think the
key distinction is picking a version number that indicates breaking change,
compatible changes/new features, vs patches. Semantic versioning provides a
clean way to do specify this. In npm and ruby land, this has largely fixed
dependency hell, and has led to more reliable code re-use.

Just a thought.

http://semver.org