From Mike Reinstein <reinstein.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pluginstall tool discussion
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:41:44 GMT
Thanks for scribing the meeting Fil. Here are some updates:

Anis and I realized after the meeting that there were still some
disagreement points. Our main disagreement was over the plugin.xml changes;
I wanted to do them now, and Anis wanted to wait. After discussing with
Fil, Anis, and myself, we decided to compromise by merging in all of my
changes *except for* plugin namespacing, and plugin.xml/plugin directory
changes. The reasoning being:
a) we really need to work off the same basic codebase, which is beginning o
diverge dramatically
b) we'd like to get the pg build team to use our code as well, so pg build
doesnt diverge from cordova cli efforts. Fil pointed out that not changing
the plugin format at this point in time  makes this much easier in the
short term.

We also re-iterated that the plugin changes are wanted improvements, and
after succesfully merging, Fil will work with the build team to get buy-in.
In the meantime I'll branch the code and add my plugin format changes there
so when we're ready we can merge them into master.

Fil, Anis, I just sent a pull request with all my changes (minus plugin
formatting and namespacing) via github:
https://github.com/imhotep/pluginstall/pull/1
I'd really appreciate some feedback on this so we can get it merged. I dont
want to create that branch containing the plugin changes until after the
merge is complete.

-Mike