From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 11:41:03 GMT
On 4 October 2012 12:20, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> Ross, what are the next steps for us to do for graduation
> then---a vote?

Agreement by the community and your mentors that you are ready to
graduate is needed. This can be a formal vote or can be a lazy
consensus thing. You have two mentors (that I recall) saying you are
ready and I see noone in the community objecting. I suggest that you
assume lazy consensus within the community and get on with writing the
charter. There is more information on how in
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution

After that you ask the IPMC to vote to recommend you to graduate (I
suggest you also use this as a last chance for the community to raise
any objections since I'm suggesting missing a formal community vote -
however if anyone has any objections they can do so now or during the
charter drafting).

Once the IPMC vote has concluded you submit the charter to the board
and your (barring unexpected issues) done.

Ross

OpenDirective http://opendirective.com