From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] graduation date
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 11:07:46 GMT
The charter is an resolution that the Board votes on to create the
TLP. For example:

 open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
 related to a widgets-based, web-and-social mashup platform.

 Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Rave Project",
 Foundation; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Apache Rave Project be and hereby is
 related to a widgets-based, web-and-social mashup platform;
 and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Rave" be
 and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
 serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
 of the Apache Rave Project, and to have primary responsibility
 for management of the projects within the scope of
 responsibility of the Apache Rave Project; and be it further

 Apache Rave Project:

    * Ard Schrijvers      <ard@apache.org>
    * Ate Douma           <ate@apache.org>
    * Bas Zoetekouw       <bas@apache.org>
    * Gerald Guo          <zhguo@apache.org>
    * Hadrian Zbarcea     <hadrian@apache.org>
    * Jasha Joachimsthal  <jasha@apache.org>
    * Jesse Ciancetta     <jcian@apache.org>
    * Joost van Dijk      <joostvandijk@apache.org>
    * Maarten Kremers     <mkremers@apache.org>
    * Marlon Pierce       <mpierce@apache.org>
    * Matt Franklin       <mfranklin@apache.org>
    * Niels van Dijk      <cthings@apache.org>
    * Okke Harsta         <oharsta@apache.org>
    * Raminder Singh      <raminder@apache.org>
    * Ross Gardler        <rgardler@apache.org>
    * Sander van der Waal <svanderwaal@apache.org>
    * Scott Wilson        <scottbw@apache.org>
    * Sean Cooper         <secooper@apache.org>
    * Suresh Marru        <smarru@apache.org>
    * Tony Carlucci       <carlucci@apache.org>
    * Unico Hommes        <unico@apache.org>
    * Venkat Mahadevan    <venkatm@apache.org>
    * Woonsan Ko          <woonsan@apache.org>

 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Matt Franklin
 be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Rave, to
 serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
 death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
 or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Rave PMC be and hereby is
 tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
 encourage open development and increased participation in the
 Apache Rave Project; and be it further

 RESOLVED, that the Apache Rave Project be and hereby
 Incubator Rave podling; and be it further

 Incubator Rave podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
 Project are hereafter discharged.

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)