From Dan Silivestru <dan.silives...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Ripple Emulator CLI
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 19:01:23 GMT
Hi All,

Thought I would share some of what we've been up to on Ripple with the
group here, since I think it could mesh really well with the CLI work
that's being done for Cordova.

We've been working on a CLI for Ripple. All work can be found in this
branch:  https://github.com/tinyhippos/Ripple-UI/tree/server.cli

It's not on npm yet as we have to work through some internal processes to
make that happen and there already is a ripple npm package out there
(hopefully we can sort thing out, or we might go with
npmjs.org/packages/ripple-cli)

But you can easily install the CLI by doing the following:

1. clone our repo and checkout the server.cli branch
2. run ./configure
3. run jake
4. npm install -g pkg/rim.cli (in the future that will be npm install -g
ripple OR npm install -g ripple-cli)
5. accept the EULA (url points to the wrong spot right now, this is a work
in progress :) )
6. type in: ripple help
7. play around :-)

Would really love to get the community's feedback on this and see if there
might also be some interest in adding a command to the cordova CLI...
something along these lines:

cordova test [--port xxxx] [--path pathToTest]

The idea is that this will enable an http server over the current dir or
the specified path and Ripple will auto enable once the provided URL is
pasted into Chrome.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

--
Dan Silivestru
+1 (519) 589-3624