From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: IOS6 LocalStorage filesystem target location.
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:35:18 GMT
Yes, thats the conclusion I've made now, too.  I figure the app
developer can decide how he wants to take his changes with the review
process, and at least one user was very vocal to have this feature.

Locally, I created a second setting instead of changing the format of
the current one, but I guess I'm fine with changing it in place as you
suggest, especially since I suspect no-one changed the default of the
current one (why would you?).

There is one more potential combination that may be needed, but I am
not sure if it is worth the effort:  backup to iCloud on ios6 only.

Potentially apple will reject backing up a copy of webstorage to
icloud on ios5.1, while at the same time we may still want to disable
CDVLocalStorage plugin on ios6, thus backing up to cloud on ios6 but
not 5.1.   Should I account for that, or leave it all-or-nothing and
punt for future releases if it becomes a problem?