From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: IOS6 LocalStorage filesystem target location.
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:35:32 GMT
Its have already been different since the ios5.1 release.  We are just
going to add a (non-default) option to opt out.

We could change the default to be opt-out of backup, like the ios
default, but that may be a breaking change.

Also, while other platforms dont backup to cloud, they probably also
persist locally, so the default behaviour of other cordova platforms
already differs from the webview default on ios.

What a mess!

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm a little concerned that our default being different than
> that of The Browser, and the other Cordova platforms. =/
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
>> Also, I really hate using a magic number here.  Is there a canonical
>> way to implement "enum" type in plist file?  A few google searches do
>> not yield anything sane.
>>
>> Would it be more descriptive to use a string setting with values such
>> as "none", "local", "cloud"?
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
>>> Yes, thats the conclusion I've made now, too.  I figure the app
>>> developer can decide how he wants to take his changes with the review
>>> process, and at least one user was very vocal to have this feature.
>>>
>>> Locally, I created a second setting instead of changing the format of
>>> the current one, but I guess I'm fine with changing it in place as you
>>> suggest, especially since I suspect no-one changed the default of the
>>> current one (why would you?).
>>>
>>> There is one more potential combination that may be needed, but I am
>>> not sure if it is worth the effort:  backup to iCloud on ios6 only.
>>>
>>> Potentially apple will reject backing up a copy of webstorage to
>>> icloud on ios5.1, while at the same time we may still want to disable
>>> CDVLocalStorage plugin on ios6, thus backing up to cloud on ios6 but
>>> not 5.1.   Should I account for that, or leave it all-or-nothing and
>>> punt for future releases if it becomes a problem?

Let alone the

this work, piecing

without the need for

I started