From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova desktop (again)
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 22:56:43 GMT
I've been thinking about cordova-osx and how to proceed with respect
to plugins, which all the APIs are of course implemented in.

There are two ways to approach this -- direct object binding (so the
API will be synchronous), or asynchronous through a bridge like how
iOS does it (possible plugin re-use from iOS? dunno).

Currently I have some test functions in there using direct object
binding: https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-mac/blob/master/CordovaMac/CordovaMac/WebViewDelegate.m#L30

    sound.play
    notification.alert
    console.log

Direct object binding is not too bad, but specifying a new function is
a bit tedious, note the isSelectorExcludedFromWebScript and
webScriptNameForSelector functions where we need to specify the
functions to express:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-mac/blob/master/CordovaMac/CordovaMac/Commands/CDVSound.m